Extinguishable Message Signs
Extinguishable Message Signs (EMS) illuminate a static message to provide motorists with pertinent roadside information or warnings, and are an effective means of promoting driver safety. Commonly used EMS applications include safety protocols by airports, availability or directional data for carpool lanes and toll roads, radio frequencies for advisory radio stations, and general traffic alerts.
- Promote driver safety
- Maximize roadside information visibility
- Display standard or custom message
- Adjust sign brightness to ambient light automatically
- Reduce energy consumption
- Maintain assemblies and LEDs with simple hand tools
- Non-glare, high-impact-strength, gray acrylic window
- Durable aluminum housing powder coated black for maximum contrast against LEDs
- Message is clearly visible when turned on and concealed when off
- Adjustable flashing
- Gas springs firmly hold door in open position
- All control circuit board assemblies FR4, conformal coated
|Dimensions||96” L x 48” H x 7.5” D|
|Material||5052-H32 aluminum, 0.125” thick|
|Finish||Powder coated black (custom colors available)|
|Access||Front doors (2), upper and lower|
|Latching System||Positive latching action with T-handle compression latches (3 each door)|
|LED Display||Discrete, removable 1” clusters|
|Viewing Angle||30° horizontal x 30° vertical, tilted 6°|
|Ventilation||Thermostatically controlled 100 CFM fan, louvered air intake, washable polyester filter, louvered exhaust|
|Power Supply||Solid state, 90 VAC-135 VAC input,
12 VDC-15 VDC output
|Power Consumption||80-100 W (varies per message)|
- Compact housing (24”x 50”)
- Solar power
- Wireless control
stdClass Object ( [id] => 107 [name] => relateditems [label] => Related Items [display] => Advance Warning Beacon
Warn drivers of hidden or approaching hazards.
Boost driver compliance with highly-visible roadway signs.
Help police target red light violators and create safer streets.
Turn any signal into a flashing signal with ease.)