McCain is looking for a Jr. Staff Accountant to perform professional accounting functions. To assist in producing accurate, timely financial statements and reports needed for internal/external purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform data entry functions.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Prepare and maintain recurring management and accounting reports.
- File and maintain adequate documentations in proper filing system.
- Assist in month-end.
- Assist with all accounting functions as needed.
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Handle special projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality at all times, i.e. financial stability of company, payroll information.
- Must have working experience with MS Office – Word, Outlook, and especially Excel.
- Must have understanding of full cycle accounting.
- Must have 2 – 5 years of general accounting experience.
- Working experience in Dynamics GP/Great Plains strongly preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of mid-market ERP accounting system experience strongly preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of mid-market Manufacturing and Cost Accounting strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Occasional – Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting and handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, bending, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and or electronically.
McCain is an equal opportunity employer. This employer participates in E-Verify.