Senior Software Engineer
McCain is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who can be responsible for development and maintenance of embedded application and operating system level software for transportation-related control and communication products. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience with application software development on Linux, and high proficiency in C and C++. The Sr. Software Engineer must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, debug and support embedded software for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) products.
- Perform all aspects of development including embedded system design, data communications, real-time data collection, processing and control, interfacing drivers and peripherals.
- Responsible for the functional integrity and proper operation of all assigned systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or related field from an accredited college or technical institute.
- 4+ years’ of professional software development experience in a team environment.
- Application development for Linux-based embedded systems.
- High proficiency in C and C++ programming languages.
- Knowledge of serial, network and USB communications.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Transportation industry experience preferred.
- Additional operating system level Linux experience is a plus, such as porting, device drivers, and kernel updates.
- Verbal Communication - Strong English language verbal communication skills.
- Written Communication - Strong English language written communication skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills – Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – Will be required to work closely within a team and collaborate with other teams within the organization.
- Motivation – Self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough technical issues.
- Independence/Initiative – Able to work with limited supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Occasional – Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting and handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, bending, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and or electronically.
- Communication requirements: Ability to read, hear and verbally communicate in English.
McCain is an equal opportunity employer. This employer participates in E-Verify.